This post was published 6 years ago and the download links can be irrelevant.
Scroll down to see the links and check these – maybe you will be lucky!
* change the icon of a folder simply and quickly by pressing the right mouse button on it and selecting pop-up menu item "Change Folder Icon";
* search for icons on your computer files starting with the selected folder (Drag&Drop and advanced search options are supported);
* extract icons from any type of file (.exe, .dll, .lib, .icl, etc.);
* save icons to icon files (.ico) and icon libraries (.icl);
* fully-compatible work with icon library format (ICL)
of Windows Vista / Windows 7 (NEW!)
* change icons for Windows system folders (My Computer, Network Connections, Recycle Bin, etc.);
* change icons for several folders at one time;
* change the icon of a drive as well as folder by selecting the item "Change Drive Icon" from the drive pop-up menu;
* find all folder icons changed by another program or manually and make them portable to another place (!) and independent from the icon source files so then you can change location of sources or delete them, copy folders to another computer or drive, but icons are still available (you can use this function in Windows'XP too, where there is built-in function to change Folder Icons, but icons are dependent from sources);
* set the description for folders, which you can see in Windows Explorer when you roll the cursor over a folder.
* save the item of icon to 5 formats: icon file (.ico), windows bitmap file (.bmp), portable network graphic file (.png), graphic interchange format (.gif), joint photographic expert group (.jpg)